Ted Baker’s approach to marketing is through out-of-the-ordinary, ‘stand-out’ marketing pieces.
Ted Baker wanted the SS15 brochure to reflect this approach and burst into life with flashes of bold print, strong textured fabrics and vivid colours. We had to make sure each of these elements was reflected in the production, manufactured within a ‘no-fail’ strict time schedule for a press launch and worldwide distribution to key buyers.
The images were retouched to reflect the punchy palette of the clothing ranges. We suggested a soft matt coated text stock, echoing the feel of the photography.
Image and plate profiles with a 200# screen refined to achieve the best results on coated stock, and high pigmentation inks were used. Printing was to ISO 12647-2 (2013) colour standard.
Extensive production testing highlighted three issues:
1. The sensors on the saddle-stitching line did not recognise the clear acetate. Our solution was to screen-print a white border outside of the trim area (when the white text of the acetate was printed) so the sensors could pick it up.
2. Scratching of the silk screen on the acetate when stitching. Our solution was to silk screen on the inner of the acetate.
3. Scratching on the acetate. Our first proposed solution was that a dust jacket was used to minimise the scratching. However, trials showed that it caused more scratching than it saved, and Ted Baker sacrificed the small amount of scratching to keep the acetate cover.
* A visually stunning, innovative result produced within a tight deadline, following proactive advice from our team
* Excellent detail, vibrancy and colour consistency matching the full production machine book proof
* Good cross spine match-ups, colour and positioning
* A tactile outer envelope printed with an image of sunshine reflecting on water, which leads the reader into the beach/ holiday theme of the brochure
To discuss your publication with Park please contact Alison Branch on: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Loved it! Thank you.”
Kate Simkins, Ted Baker