The annual Property Marketing Awards celebrate the year’s very best, most effective, as well as the most innovative and creative marketing campaigns around the UK property industry.
Park sponsored the category BEST MARKETING CAMPAIGN: RESIDENTIAL – NEW BUILD and were the preferred partner for printing the award collateral.
The awards brochure and follow-up teasers provided us with the opportunity to impress the property marketing agencies. Both pieces had to be innovative, be of the very high quality standard demanded by the agencies, and also reflect the brand of the PMA which was a rainbow of colours reversing out of a solid black.
The brochure had to be produced within a very fast 4 working day timetable, and the teaser within 5 days following the awards to maximise effectiveness.
We proposed the following to create an innovative eye-catching brochure:
* That the brochure be 220mm square, rather than 297mm x 99mm as initially suggested by the agency. The 220mm square size, while still being unusual, enabled a more visually effective portrayal of the award entries, most of which were landscape.
* That the cover be wrapped in a jacket to enhance the feel of solidity and quality.
* That the cover be silk screened in white, and then die-cut revealing the striped colours of the cover below, so reproducing the PMA logo. As the accuracy of the die-cutting and creasing was critical, a member of our production team passed both on-site at the outworker.
* The paper stock for the jacket, a smooth black material which would take the silk screen well.
* The paper stock for the cover and text, a very white material that would maximise the contrast between the black backgrounds and white-out headings. Dummies were produced to establish the optimum weights.
* That we adjust the tint weights in the black backgrounds to produce rich dense blacks.
The follow-up Teaser
The follow-up teaser gave us another opportunity to demonstrate our innovation, while sitting in sympathy with the brochure. Demonstrating some of the innovative features of our new HP Indigo 7800 digital press (the Company’s first Indigo, installed in February 2015) the resulting teaser includes:
* White ink printing.
* Four colour imagery printing over white ink.
* Four colour striped pattern matching the cover of the brochure, printing in white ink on the black material.
* Personalisation: each teaser included a picture and contact details.
To discuss your publication with Park please contact Alison Branch on: email@example.com
“May I say a very big thank you? The brochures have been very well received; I have received some very good comments. I am extremely grateful to you for all of your work.”
Colin Peacock, Chairman Property Marketing Awards