SB Studio planned a series of not-for-profit projects that challenge the norm. Collaboration formed the foundation of their first project: 100 Beer Project, a live collaborative experiment between the public and a carefully selected group of artists, illustrators, designers and writers.
The brief to us was to produce a piece to a very fast schedule that was innovative, eye-catching and caught the imagination of the reader, so celebrating the work of the 100 contributing artists.
We proposed that SB Studio consider an unusual binding for the 100 Beer Project and supplied white paper dummies of various options. SB Studio chose case bound Swiss binding with the use of a heavy grey board cover.
To catch attention, we then proposed that the board was covered with a sheet printed in a fluorescent colour with white-out text standing in contrast.
A 200# screen, with image and plate profiles and hard drying inks specially developed for uncoated materials, were used to obtain the very best result on the uncoated material.
Working to ISO12647-2 (2013) colour standard, our Colour Manager accurately matched the signed-off proofs on press.
* An eye catching, novel and visually stunning, tactile result achieved following creative advice from our team. The book draws a ‘WOW!’ from everyone who picks it up
* Vibrant colour, contrast and lift throughout
* Strong intense, clean colours and rich blacks beautifully printed
* Clean, smooth solid coverage pages
* Well executed and unusual case bound Swiss binding with an unusually heavy cover
* The very tight production schedule of 14 days, from artwork to delivery of the finished copies was met
To discuss your publication with Park please contact Alison Branch on: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Great from start to finish. Everything was handled brilliantly… on time and perfect.”
Benji Holroyd, SB Studio